UKFS is an industrial technology supplier for the UK Plastics Industry and the official distributor of Mouldflo solutions in the UK & Ireland.
UKFS offers the Mouldflo product range that allows injection moulders and mould makers collect and view data on the cooling lines within a mould and the cooling parameters during production. Moulders can view and collect data related to water flow, temperature, and pressure, with information recorded and time stamped for historical tracking. Mould makers and tool room managers can use the Mouldflo ‘Test Rig’, a testing station that analyses the mould for flow capacity, leaks, and optimal process set points.
Mouldflo’s solutions include The Flow Monitoring System, Test Rig and Cart.
Flow Monitoring System
The Mouldflo Flow Monitoring System gives users the knowledge they need to improve production value, reduce downtime, optimise energy efficiency and protect moulds, as well as injection moulding machines. The advanced solution which is compatible with any type of injection moulding machine monitors:
– Supply temperature
– Supply pressure
– Return temperature by zone
– Flow by zone
– Return pressure
By using the system’s alarm functionality, the user will be alerted of common cooling circuit problems, such as:
– Lack of water flow from the TCU
– Blocked waterways
– Scale or rust build up
– Incorrect piping
The Test Rig offers a unique way to simulate a production setup and ensure the quality of brand new, or recently serviced moulds.
Equipped with its own water tank, pump, manifold and a full software setup, the Test Rig allows users to document, validate and maintain moulds by testing them in a practical all-in-one tool.
The features of the Mouldflo Test Rig include:
– Flow and pressure test of the cooling circuits
– Air pressure leak test – a safe and easy way to test for leakages without overflowing water
– Wi-Fi and ethernet connection allowing for easy sharing of test results
– Extended software solution, including Optimisation Analysis of how to achieve maximum flow on a mould with minimal pressure possible, thereby allowing users to significantly optimise energy consumption
– A water exchange system that makes it possible to automatically fill and purge water through the software, ensuring clean water for testing at all times
The Mouldflo Cart has been developed to give users a temporary overview of the cooling channels in their production. It offers the complete functionalities of the Flow Monitoring System, put neatly together in a standardised setup, attached to a moveable frame. This makes the Cart a mobile and flexible plug & play solution that can be used in rotation on several moulding machines in a production line.